We believe in the social value of organisations. At the next edition of our Annual Conference, on 1st April 2014 in Barcelona, we will highlight the talent of intrapreneurs and social entrepreneurs as drivers of innovation and social impact.
Experts and other individuals familiar with social intrapreneurship within organisations will discuss the leadership process involved in challenging the status quo in order to build a better future. With this Annual Conference, we want to boost the potential of these agents of change and inspire all sorts of social-impact organisations – NGOs, non-profit and for-profit companies, and social enterprises – to effectively implement it within their structures.
If you share this motivation to build a more just and sustainable world, we’d like to see you at Organisations with a Social Impact on 1st April at ESADEFORUM Barcelona!
The main objective of the free-of-charge webinar course is to outline all the key topics penetrating GRI G4 Guidelines and all the reasons why people need to start adopting them.
Join this webinar and get immediate answers on:
1. What is GRI G4 impact on reporting?
2. How to successfully implement the new GRI G4 guidelines?
3. How to engage your stakeholders and investors based on these guidelines?
Any Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Professionals with an interest in expanding their knowledge on sustainability reporting and external assurance. It would be of interest for professionals working in the corporate communications aspect of an organization, including Investor Relations, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations and Human Resources. At last but not least, those involved in the writing of CSR report according to the GRI framework will find this webinar very helpful.
Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation on May 6th for its fourth annual environmental forum, Accelerating Sustainability: Energy and Water in Your Operations and Supply Chains.
This event will bring together leaders from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors to explore enhanced, scaled collaboration and sustainability-driven innovation. Businesses and communities utilize these approaches to solve pressing energy and water challenges while creating shared value.
Session topics include:
- Accelerating sustainability goals through employee and stakeholder engagement
- Successes and challenges of pre-competitive and non-traditional partnerships
- Innovative platforms for reducing shared water risk
- Catalyzing business investment in natural infrastructure
Through visionary speakers and action-oriented sessions, you will work with your peers to build partnerships, tools, and techniques to accelerate your sustainability work. Don't miss your opportunity to join sustainability leaders on May 6 in Washington, D.C. Early bird rates end on March 31! Register today! http://ccc.uschamber.com/event/accelerating-sustainability
Learn how to build clear and honest communications about the sustainability aspects of your company and its offering with:
- Nestlé, Global Head, Public Affairs, Janet Voute
- Interface, Sustainability Director, EMEA, Ramon Arratia
This free webinar is taking place on Tuesday 1st April at 10AM GMT. The 45-minute debate will delve into how companies build authentic dialogue surrounding sustainability aspects with their consumers.
Sign up to the webinar now: http://bit.ly/1g2iCK2
Key areas of focus include:
- How to successfully communicate sustainability, including product-related messages, by demonstrating the benefits to your customers and consumers
- How to build a dialogue with your key stakeholders throughout your global operations for increased brand loyalty and trust
- How to engage your customers and consumers in sustainability and encourage behaviour change
There will be live polling and streaming of questions to ensure this both an informative and engaging debate. To sign up for the webinar, please visit Ethical Corporation's website: http://bit.ly/1g2iCK2
Learn how to build trust with local communities and minimise social risk for extractive operations with:
- Janina Gawler, Global Head of Social Performance and Community Relations, Rio Tinto
- Gabriella Herzog, Senior Manager - CSR, Hess Corporation, Chair of IPIECA ocial Responsibility Working Group
- Laurent Coche, Fmr. SVP Social Performance and External Relations: Continental Africa, AngloGold Ashanti, currently MD of Kibo Consulting
This free webinar is taking place on Tuesday 25th March at 1PM GMT. The 45-minute debate will delve into grievance mechanisms, stakeholder identification and mapping, community consultation and managing expectations.
Join the webinar today and be part of the debate: http://bit.ly/PHOUPL
Key areas of focus include:
- How the industry leaders minimise collective risks of socially-derived stoppages and disturbance and build trust with their host communities
- The latest thinking and innovation in mitigating socially-derived risks of disruption to operations
- Grievance mechanisms, stakeholder identification and mapping, community consultation and managing expectations – this webinar will delve into the key issues around this complex but vital area
There will be live polling and streaming of questions to ensure this both an informative and engaging debate. To sign up for the webinar, please visit Ethical Corporation's website: http://bit.ly/PHOUPL
The 2nd Sustaining Conflict Minerals Compliance Conference will break down each SEC reporting requirement as well as examine direct filing examples from specific companies. Featuring case studies from industry leading experts, this advanced course offers attendees a unique opportunity to benchmark their conflict minerals program against their peers to more efficiently meet SEC expectations and amend their program for future filings.
Featured Sessions Include:
- Scrutinizing the SEC conflict minerals rule with Newport News Shipbuilding
- Engineering a sustainable CM program for future filings with Alcatel-Lucent
- Integrating filings and best practices from the first year of reporting with BlackBerry
- Maintaining a strong rapport with all tiers of your supply chain with KEMET
- Obtaining complete responses moving throughout the supply chain with Dover Corporation
Benefit from highly interactive case studies and panel discussions, Q&A time, 4+ hours of networking opportunities, and exclusive online access to speaker presentations post-event.
Seating is limited to maintain an intimate educational environment that will cultivate the knowledge and experience of all participants.
Learn more here.
The Columbia Water Center at the Earth Institute, in collaboration with the U.S. Water Partnership, presents a live webinar in celebration of World Water Day 2014. Please join this live webinar to hear from experts in various fields about solutions to Americas aging water infrastructure.
On the agenda:
- Introduction by the Columbia Water Center
- A short video about the Americas Water Initiative led by the Columbia Water Center
- Panel discussion moderated by Dan Bena, PepsiCo, Sustainable Development Executive, who will also discuss the human right to water and building public-private partnerships
- Q&A session
Panel discussion participants and topics will include:
Upmanu Lall, Director, Columbia Water Center
- Challenges of climate and aging infrastructure, the state of Americas water, radical ideas for improving urban infrastructure and water allocation
Alan Roberson, American Water Works Association
- Financial and regulatory opportunities
William Becker, Vice President and Corporate Drinking Water Practice Leader
- Potable water reuse strategies: can we revolutionize the current water/wastewater system paradigm?
Laurent Auguste, Director of Innovation and Markets at Veolia Environment
- Management dynamics for creating value from innovation to deliver performance on environmental and technological services
Leading senior business experts from the extractives industry will gather in London in June for Ethical Corporation’s 5th Annual Responsible Extractives Summit, focusing on how to minimise risk, maximise shared value and assure business competitiveness.
The two day Summit will features honest discussions and practical sessions on what matters most to the extractives professionals, including:
- Maximising Shared Value: Achieve greater collaboration with host governments to aid development and secure political stability
- Mitigating Human Rights Impacts: Overcome the challenges to removing human rights risks from your security operations and supply chain
- Optimising Social Risk Management: Hear the latest approaches companies are using to build trust with communities and minimise risk of social disturbance to operations
- Eliminating Water Risk: Learn the latest strategies to manage competing interests for water across operations
- Gaining a financial Advantage: Understand Investor, Lender and Insurer needs to make your company a low-risk venture
Companies speaking at the event include:
- MOL GROUP
- Hess Corporation
- Centerra Gold
- Vedanta Resources
- Rio Tinto
- Institute of Human Rights and Business
- AngloGold Ashanti
- Anglo American
- J.P. Morgan
- F&C Asset Management
- World Gold Council
- Chatham House
- Aviva Investors
- London Mining
- BG Group
Download the summit brochure here: http://bit.ly/1gpJxxT
To have a full run down of the conference, please visit the 5th Annual Responsible Extractives Summit: http://bit.ly/1iIZqOP
For more information contact: Boris Petrovic at email@example.com or on +44 (0) 20 7375 7527.
CSRwire negotiated a special discount for all its subscribers. Quote ‘CSRW20’ when registering to get 20% off from the current rate on corporate and service provider passes, not applicable for the NGO/academic passes.
13th Annual Best Practices Summit on Employee Engagement in Corporate Citizenship Presented by Wells Fargo
Join Charities@Work For Their Best Summit Yet! This year’s summit promises to be the most engaging year yet with a fresh agenda of interactive workshops, volunteer experience lab, and a diverse collection of speakers.
As always, the summit fosters a spirit of peer-to-peer sharing and will include ample opportunities to network with your peers, Charities@Work partners and thought leaders in Corporate Citizenship. This year’s conference theme is “Collaborating for Impact.” Building on this theme, the conference will touch on cross-cutting topics, including:
- The evolution from workplace giving to employee engagement
- Building successful cross-sector collaboration initiatives
- How digital culture is transforming philanthropy
- Engaging employees in the non-traditional workforce
Trends In Cause Related Marketing aka How Brands Can Reach Millennials and other Conscientious Consumers
Charitable Checkout, Good Scout Group, Boloco, Musicians On Call and CSRwire explore how businesses can profitably harness the power of giving back
Millennials form the most socially conscious generation since the Baby Boomers and they will eclipse Boomers in spending by 2017. That’s why businesses are increasingly interested in finding creative and business-generating ways to reach the growing ranks of ‘conscientious consumers’; those who opt to do business with companies that give back in some way.
On March 26, 2014 at 2 p.m. EST, a panel of cause marketing experts will convene for an interactive webinar to explore trends in cause related marketing. Available to the public at no cost, the discussion will address the ways that businesses can align with worthy nonprofits to connect with conscientious consumers in a meaningful and profitable way.
The panelists will include Jay Ziskrout, Founder & CEO of “rewarded giving” cause marketing service Charitable Checkout; Philips McCarty, CEO of cause marketing & pro-social consultancy Good Scout Group; Allison Doyle, Director of Marketing & Strategic Projects for globally-inspired burrito purveyor Boloco; Michael Solomon, Founder of nonprofit Musicians On Call; and Joe Sibilia, CEO of digital media channel CSRwire.
The interactive webinar, hosted in partnership with Spreecast, will consist of brief panelist presentations and attendee questions. Anyone wishing to watch or participate can attend the event via: http://bit.ly/CauseTrendsConf.
“We believe that the bottom line of virtually any business can be improved by incorporating cause marketing initiatives into the prevailing marketing mix,” said Charitable Checkout’s Jay Ziskrout. “I’m excited to team up with these leaders to discuss how to craft sustainable and ongoing efforts that do good in the community while benefiting business over the long term.” The one hour webcast will begin with introductions from each of the expert panelists, which will be followed by a collaborative discussion.
Topics to be covered include motivating the public to become involved in cause marketing efforts, how businesses can effectively work with nonprofits, balancing budgets with CSR initiatives and more. Following this discussion, attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide input.
"Consumers are savvy, smart, and have set the bar high with expectations from brands and nonprofits,” says McCarty. "When it comes to engaging consumers in pro-social initiatives, authenticity is the most critical factor, and they will accept nothing but effectiveness when engaging with these brands."
Business professionals, nonprofits and others interested in learning more about how to effectively reach conscientious consumers can participate in the interactive webinar by going to http://bit.ly/CauseTrendsConf at 2 p.m. EST on March 26th, 2014.
The event hashtags are #CauseConf and #CauseMarketing.
About Charitable Checkout
Charitable Checkout’s ‘Rewarded Giving’ cause marketing platform enables companies of any size to launch highly social branded charitable giving programs that are both good for the world, and good for business. www.charitablecheckout.com
About Good Scout
Group Good Scout is a social good consultancy that helps brands take smart, impactful and sustainable leaps in simultaneously achieving two interconnected goals: building strong brands and building a better world. www.goodscoutgroup.com
The Boston-based family of 22 restaurants and 400 team members serves globally inspired burritos, bowls, smoothies and shakes in locations throughout New England. Boloco’s mission is to positively impact the lives and futures of its people through bold and inspired food and practices. www.boloco.com
About Musicians On Call
It’s no secret that music can help you feel better. That’s why Musicians On Call brings live and recorded music to the bedsides of patients in healthcare facilities. www.musiciansoncall.org
CSRwire is a digital media platform for the latest corporate social responsibility and sustainability news, views and research. www.csrwire.com
CSpreecast connects people through video conversation. People can use Spreecast to watch live conversations from major media outlets, discuss current events, explore common interests, meet celebrities or learn something new. www.spreecast.com