CSE is a leading accredited provider of Sustainability (CSR) Training and consultancy internationally!
CSE courses are accredited and approved by IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment), the leading international membership-based organization for Sustainability Professionals with over 15,000 members based in 83 countries. Additionally, CSE is Green America Silver certified business, GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) stakeholder/Partner and Accountability registered consultant.
Key modules to be covered:
MODULE 1: Sustainability (CSR) and the Business Case for Adoption
MODULE 2: Current Global and Local Legislation for Sustainability and GHG Emissions
MODULE 3: Sustainability (CSR) Strategy and Global Standards, Guidelines
MODULE 4: Responsible Communication and How to Avoid Greenwashing
MODULE 5: The Importance of Sustainability in Supply Chain and Carbon Footprint Reduction
MODULE 6: Sustainability and Integrated Reporting Based on GRI and IIRC Guidelines
MODULE 7: External Assurance and How to Communicate and Gain Credibility in your Report
MODULE 8: The Role of the Sustainability (CSR) Practitioner and Future Trends Sustainability Action Plan for your organization (Prerequisite for becoming a Certified IEMA Sustainability Practitioner)
Who should attend?
- General Managers
- CSR professionals
- Public Relations
- Communication and/or Marketing Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Sustainability and Environmental professionals who have so far achieved a good level of knowledge on CSR issues, through participation in relevant workshops or through their job tasks, and who wish to advance their understanding, bring added value to their organisation and get hold of a certified business qualification.
Presidio Graduate School and Hamilton Zanze have organized a special event in Presidio's signature thought leadership speakers series, Presidio Presents, to be held on Wednesday, February 12 at 7:00 PM at Impact Hub.
William Shutkin, Presidio's President and CEO, will moderate the session. The event will feature leaders in the sustainable real estate field discussing cutting-edge issues in sustainable finance and development practice guided by a simple premise: We need greater access to capital to finance more and better green/sustainable real estate projects, be they new construction or retrofits, resulting in respectable returns for investors, high quality, affordable living and working spaces for a growing population and restorative, nature- and climate-friendly development projects.
This challenging 2-day course enables participants to acquire the skills and competencies required to become certified as global CSR practitioners. Through specialized, detailed and highly focused training, it provides them with the tools and necessary practical framework of every CSR aspect.
- Global and Local Legislation for CSR and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
- The Importance of Stakeholder Εngagement and Supply Chain
- Green Marketing and Cause Related Marketing
- Sustainability (CSR) Strategy - Related Global Standards & Guidelines (UN Global Compact, ISO 26000, Global Reporting Initiative, Carbon Disclosure Project, etc.)
- Creation of a Carbon Footprint Strategy and Life Cycle Assessment
- Sustainability (CSR) Reporting and Classification Based on GRI Guidelines
- The Role of the Sustainability (CSR) Practitioner and Future Trends
EXERCISE: Action Plan for Your Organization (pre-requisite for becoming a certified CSR/Sustainability Practitioner)
This training is designed for professionals in:
- Public Relations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Sustainability / CSR
- Environmental Management
CSE has trained more than 5,000 professionals, General Managers, Directors and Senior Executives from prestigious organizations, across 25 countries and five continents since 2005. At present, more than 300 CSR Practitioners across North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East are implementing the most advanced methodologies on CSR Strategy and Reporting, Stakeholder Engagement, Green Marketing and CSR Scorecard.
For more information on the training and booking, please visit csrp-houston2014.eventbrite.com.
Global ESG Regulatory and Voluntary Reporting: Most Important 2013 Developments, Radar 2014, and Key Policy Issues and Players
An Unmissable Comprehensive Briefing and Annual Wrap-Up by Experts For Corporate Management, Boards, Asset Owners/Managers, Analysts, Risk Managers, Auditors, Attorneys, Policymakers, Regulators, and NGOs
Global ESG Regulatory Academy™ and CSR Insight™ LLC are hosting the first annual wrap-up and analysis of the most important 2013 Global ESG Regulatory and Voluntary Reporting developments and initiatives, and the must-watch 2014 developments and issues, with expert analysis and commentary.
Please join us for this highly informative and unique educational event, from the leading worldwide expert on Global ESG Regulation and Reporting. In 90 succinct minutes you will have the knowledge you need to understand:
- The most influential 2013 developments worldwide in ESG regulation and ESG voluntary reporting;
- What should be on your radar screen and board agenda for 2014; and
- The critical policy considerations, and the main power brokers, to move the world forward on harmonized global ESG reporting as a key facilitator of planetary sustainability.
A live Q and A session will give you the opportunity to ask questions of the Speakers. After the Webinar, you will receive the recording and the Speaker presentations to review at your leisure. Registration is now open. Capacity is limited and early registration is recommended.
Please note that all Registrants, whether or not you attend the live Webinar, will receive the Webinar recording and the Speaker presentations. PROGRAM AGENDA and SPEAKERS are set forth below.
See EVENT SITE for full details: http://www.cvent.com/d/f4q9zg?refid=csrwp.
* International Scan of 2013 ESG Financial Regulatory and Voluntary Reporting Developments: Regulatory Reporting: European Union, China, South Africa, SEC Enforcement, and more. Voluntary Reporting: GRI, CDP, UNGC, IIRC, SASB, SSE, and more.
* Benchmarking the World's Composite Stock Exchanges for Sustainability Disclosure: Key Findings, Analysis, and Recommendations.
* Key Policy Issues and Players: What critical ESG reporting issues and problems need to be addressed now; what is the role of financial regulators and who are the main power brokers for ESG financial reporting.
* Linda M. Lowson, Esq., CEO and Chief Counsel, Global ESG Regulatory Academy™
* Stathis Gould, Senior Technical Manager and Head of PAIB, IFAC
* Toby Heaps, CEO, Corporate Knights and CK Capital
* Chris Fowle, V.P., Investor Initiatives, CDP
The 20% Registration Fee Discount has been extended for a limited time: US$199 for U.S. registrants, US$219 for non-U.S. registrants; contact us for 3-or-more group registrations.
For registration, Speaker, or Sponsor queries, contact Linda M. Lowson, Esq. at email@example.com
Connect, learn and collaborate with the top minds of socially responsible business and explore what matters most...in your work...in your life...and for our planet at SVN's 2014 Spring Conference in San Diego, CA.
Join ACCP and Corporate Citizenship for an informational webinar about The Measurement Academy on January 22, 2014 at 2:00pm Eastern.
This webinar will feature presentations by:
- Sarah Sasaki, Sr. Manager, Community Relations, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) will explain how PG&E implemented the LBG Model to measure a program and the resulting outcomes.
- Mark Shamley, President & CEO, and Erica Bader Sorrell, Director of Education, from ACCP will present on The Measurement Academy’s first program offering, Fundamentals of Measurement.
- Megan DeYoung, Director, United States, from Corporate Citizenship will present on the second program offering, Evaluating Your Impact.
Attendees will walk away from this webinar understanding:
- What an attendee will learn from each offering;
- What an attendee can do with what they learned;
- Who an attendee will learn from and alongside; and
- What tools an attendee will walk away with after the programs.
The webinar will be Wednesday, January 22nd and will take place from 2:00 - 3:00pm Eastern. To confirm your spot, please click here to fill out the registration form. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, this webinar is only for individuals who practice corporate philanthropy or citizenship for corporations. If you are unable to attend this webinar, you may register for either of the following that fit your schedule: February 5th or February 20th.
Don’t miss Civic Accelerator Demo Day in the Big Apple!
Join us for an evening of inquiry and interaction as we present the graduating class of the Fall 2013 Points of Light Civic Accelerator.
15 game-changing impact entrepreneurs present how they are solving our toughest social issues by engaging people, all while they compete for a $50,000 seed investment.
We're bringing together successful entrepreneurs, civic leaders, investors and venture philanthropists to connect with 15 of the most innovative civic start-ups in the country.
Teams are looking for additional investment, board members and partners as they graduate from the Civic Accelerator.
Thursday, January 16
What: Our evening kicks off with short demos from the 15 ventures. Mingling and conversation, accompanied by good food and drink, will immediately follow the presentations.
When: Thursday, January 16 2014, 6:30 – 9:00 pm
Cost: $15 Early Bird Admission, $20 at the door
Friday, January 17
What: The morning kicks off with Civic Accelerator Cohort 3 send-off breakfast. Followed by the closing speaker session to be led by keynote Joe Sibilia, CSRwire CEO.
When: Friday, January 17 2014, 8:30 – 10:00 am
Where: Centre for Social Innovation, 601 W. 26th Street, Suite 325, NY 10001
How can companies in healthcare succeed at getting their CFOs and commercial leaders to become fans of sustainability and how can they communicate the importance of sustainability to suppliers?
Join Trucost and Johnson & Johnson for a free webinar on the sustainability impacts of the healthcare system, as originally presented at the Metrics that Matter: Messages that Motivate conference hosted by Johnson & Johnson and The Wharton School, through its Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL), on December 4, 2013.
Johnson & Johnson’s Keith Sutter will kick-off the presentation with some insights from the conference and provide context for the conversation. Trucost’s Libby Bernick and Whitney McWade will follow, presenting new quantitative research on the sustainability impacts of the healthcare system. The research provides insight on the most meaningful material sustainability impacts, in financial terms, across the entire health care system, looking specifically at suppliers, distributors and providers.
Trucost will discuss the methodology behind the research and provide insights to guide sustainability decisions for the biggest reductions and impacts, as well as a case study example on a healthcare provider. Ample time for audience Q&A on the research, methodology and case study will be provided.
To register, please visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6097080403650617090
Business is evolving, organisations big and small are taking new approaches to embedding sustainability and seeing results. The Guardian Sustainable Business Awards 2014 celebrates innovation and impact in corporate sustainability. Across 11 categories from communication to natural capital, we reward the people who are making business better. Entries close on 7 February 2014.
Sustainability Reporting —
A Strategic Tool for the Boardroom
Thursday, January 16
2 p.m. ET | 1 p.m. CT | Noon MT | 11 a.m. PT
Ernst Ligteringen is the Chief Executive of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the world's most widely-used sustainability reporting framework. In this webinar, he will discuss the latest global trends in sustainability reporting and their effects on your company.
Attend this complimentary webinar to discover:
- The latest in GRI's G4 Guidelines
- Materiality and its impact on stakeholders
- The changing nature of market value
The Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship is excited to announce the submission period for the sixth annual Film Festival is now open!
This Film Festival is an opportunity to share your company’s journeys and successes around corporate citizenship. Don’t miss the chance to submit your video. Entry in the Film Festival provides your company a forum to inform your employees, customers and partners of your corporate citizenship efforts. Click here to submit your video today: http://bit.ly/1c7jtFN!
In the fall of 2013, the Center for Corporate Citizenship conducted its biennial Profile of the Practice survey, gathering information from 231 companies on their management practices regarding the environmental, social and governance dimensions of business.
Here are some key findings:
Higher levels of leadership: Executives are leading corporate citizenship efforts more frequently. Fifty-eight percent of the companies now have an executive at the head of corporate citizenship, a 74 percent increase over the 33 percent reported in 2010. More than 70 percent of corporate citizenship leaders are within two levels of the chief executive in 2013.
Better resourced: In 2013, 97 percent of companies reported having an operating budget dedicated to corporate citizenship. In 2010, 81 percent of companies reported devoting financial resources to corporate citizenship. Thirty percent of companies reported an annual corporate citizenship budget of at least $1 million in 2013, a 25 percent increase from 2010.
These budgets are exclusive of philanthropic giving. The average and median staff sizes increased from the last survey as well Executive leadership, formalized structures and increased financial resources suggest that corporate citizenship continues to become an established practice in business. Increased chief executive engagement and more professional development suggest this positive trend as well.
Join us for a free webinar on January 8th at 12pm (EDT) to hear a discussion around the Profile of the Practice 2013 report and to learn about the structure of corporate citizenship within companies, as well as the strategy, professional development, leadership engagement, and communication of corporate citizenship efforts. Click here to register: http://bit.ly/1c7ieX6.
From June 13 to 15, 2014 join Dr. Maximilian Martin, Founder & Global Managing Director of Impact Economy, and host Christian Krüger, philanthropist and impact investor, with a selection of the world’s foremost investors and business leaders for the 4th Impact Economy Symposium and Retreat at Greifenstein Castle in Switzerland.
Our motto is simple: the next big thing will be industries that create value for shareholders and stakeholders alike. Industries that achieve this balance are worth investing in. They will fundamentally reshape how we live, work, and allocate capital. The current divide between this ambition and reality are the missing solutions and funding that could drive impact value creation to scale. Bridging this divide will require us to innovate the worlds of finance and commerce in ways that are both exciting and daunting.
This unique event provides a platform for many of the world's leading conservationists to support the desires of Fortune 1000 CEOs, PFOs, Endowments, Foundations and Sustainability Officers to link sustainable investing and sustainability in general to global sustainable conservation. There are over 30 Welcoming Committee members who will speak and network throughout the event including:
- Hazel Henderson, Futurist, Economic Iconoclast and Founder of Ethical Markets Media
- Susan Davis, Creator of KINS Innovative Networks
- Eric Lowitt, Founder of Nexus Global Advisors, Author of The Future of Value
- Chris Morgan, Ecologist, Conservationist, Adventurer, Author & TV Host Chris Morgan Wildlife
- Paul Lister, Founder, The European Nature Trust (TENT)
- Sheila Abed, Executive Director, IDEA & Special Envoy for Environmental Justice, The United Nations Program for the Environment
- Ghislaine Maxwell, Founder, The TerraMar Foundation
- Mark Biedron, Co-Founder, The Willow School
Register for only $695 and join over 30 global experts for an event that will be set the standard for sustainable investing and global sustainable conservation.
GreenBiz Group is bringing their annual GreenBiz Forum series to Pheonix, AZ, February 18-20, as part of the Sustainability Solutions Festival and is offering CSRwire members a special discount.
GreenBiz Forum 2014 brings together an unprecedented partnership between GreenBiz Group, The Sustainability Consortium, and the Global Institute of Sustainability at ASU to give attendees an unparalleled in-depth look at the key challenges and opportunities facing sustainable business today.
Framed by the seventh annual edition State of Green Business report, the high-wattage stage presentations, workshops, and networking opportunities will make the 2014 GreenBiz Forum an unforgettable event.
This year’s theme is “Getting Further Faster,” reflecting the need to accelerate progress beyond the incremental. Among the key themes will be: Risk and Materiality, Big Data Meets the Supply Chain, the New Corporate Energy Manager, Zero Waste, Net-Positive Buildings, and Integrated Reporting.
Featured speakers include:
- Richard Mattison, CEO, Trucost
- Aron Cramer, President & CEO, BSR
- Tod Arbogast, VP, Sustainability & Corporate Responsibility, Avon Products, Inc.
- Peter Bakker, President, WBCSD
- Francesca DeBiase, VP, Worldwide Supply Chain, McDonald's Corporation
- Aida Greenbury, Managing Director of Sustainability & Stakeholder Engagement, Asia Pulp & Paper
- Adam Lowry, Co-founder and Chief Greenskeeper, Method